Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Raw Taco Salad



So today I made raw taco salad. This picture really does not do it justice. I did basically the same thing as before with raw tacos, just broke up the lettuce, and I added cucumbers on Janardan's and put red peppers on mine. I put a ton more cashews in too, hoping that would make it more filling. However, the bag of one pound cashews that I used about half of for this meal was over $6, so I am beginning to worry about this raw thing being too pricey without having any homegrown veggies. Well, in the winter especially. I imagine it would be a lot more affordable during the summer.

I am still in the middle of eating it, but it already feels more filling, so that is good. And it is so tasty. The colors are so vibrant.

Edit: I finished the taco salad, and it was definitely more filling having more cashews in it. GO CASHEWS. Also, I think it may be time to start experimenting with sprouts again. But then again, maybe another few days.

1 comment:

Emily W said...

Are these pictures still from your camera phone?