Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Raw Gazpacho Soup

Ok, so maybe the place I am taking the pictures is not the best place in the world, because even with my regular camera, these pictures aren't turning out super awesome.

Anyway, today I made this Raw gazpacho soup. I got the recipe here: http://vegetarian.about.com/od/rawfoodsrecipes/r/rawpeppersoup.htm.
The recipe says:


INGREDIENTS:
5 ripe tomatoes
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1 red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup water
dash cayenne pepper
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 avocado, diced (optional)

PREPARATION:
Blend together all ingredients except parsley and avocado until smooth. Gently stir in avocado and parsley.
If possible, chill for at least two hours to let the flavors mingle. Serve chilled or room temperature.

I followed this pretty close, except I only had one tomato, so I just did one tomato. Also no fresh parsley, so I used dried. Oh...I did not even notice it said cayenne pepper, so I didn't put that in either. I also added two green onions, and juice from one lemon. I only used 2 tbs of water, because I figured it would be less soup, because of having less tomatoes. Oh, and I had soaked some lentils for breakfast, but hadn't eaten them all, so I probably had about 1/3 cup of soaked lentils that had been soaked for 2-3 hours.

Overall the soup was pretty tasty, and I really liked having the avocados there to add some texture.

No comments: