Friday, December 21, 2007

Soup

Last night after eating my yummy raw pasta for lunch, oily enchiladas made me feel yucky. So today I started out with a smoothie, and I had read about adding carrots and lettuce, so I tried it out. The lettuce left a weird taste in it, which I imagine is because I did not buy organic, and I did not rinse the lettuce. So rinse your lettuce! Otherwise, it was pretty tasty. I think I really liked the carrot in there. (Hard to tell with other stuff in there as well, but it added a nice taste.

For lunch, I made a raw soup. I used a recipe I found, but changed it a little. It called for more basil and for lemon juice, but I put very little basil in, and then I put balsamic vinegar in instead. It is highly unattractive, as it is orange-ish brown, but it is sooo yummy.

I just put everything in the blender and tried to blend it up. I would recommend chopping the carrots into fairly small pieces beforehand, as it took me a while to get it all blended up.

Also ironically, for the least attractive so far, I finally figured a way to get pictures til I find my camera--my cameraphone! So here's the picture:

So I put in 2 carrots, 1 tomato, 1 avocado, 1 green onion, dash of basil, 1/2 tsp. of cumin, and maybe 3-5 tbs. of the vinegar. Quite tasty!


No comments: