Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Raw Experiment

I am not going raw, otherwise I would have entitled this blog "Going Raw". I am simply trying some raw stuff out, and incorporating it into my lifestyle. I have tried two raw recipes so far, and they are delicious! I thought I should put down somewhere what I am doing, so I can remember, and decided to do it in a blog form so that others could benefit.

Last night I made raw tacos. They were really yummy. (Eventually I will start putting pictures of stuff up on here, but I don't know where my camera is at present because of moving, so you will miss out on seeing these wonderful meals.)

For the raw tacos, I blended up tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, salt, garlic powder, and lime juice in my chopper to make salsa. Then I coursely chopped cashews mixed with taco seasoning in the chopper. I put that on a piece of lettuce and scooped out some avoacdo on the top. It was very tasty, and so fresh tasting. Raw is yummy.

Today I made zucchini and marinara. For the marinara, I put one tomato, a small slice of green pepper, oregano, baisl, salt, one bay leaf, about a tsp. of oil oil, and a few sun-dried tomatoes in the chopper and chopped it up really fine. Then I used a potato peeler on the zucchini to get really thin strips out of it. I put those in a bowl, covered them with the sauce, and ate! It was very delicious. I would highly recommend both of these meals.

No comments: